2022-23 Budget Consultation
* Here is a map of the town in case you need to check the boundary
Before you start why not check out our A-Z list of what we do?
More about our budget process
In 2019 we agreed a Strategy and set some priorities for the next 5 years. The COVID 19 pandemic has naturally impacted on how much we were able to deliver over the last 18 months, but we have been able to make good progress on many of our projects. Here are a few examples of what we have been up to:
- Welcome signs – bright new signs to welcome people to town as visitors start to return.
- Our Street Spaces consultation provided lots of ideas to make the town centre more walker and cyclist friendly. We are discussing the technicalities of these projects with colleagues at Stroud District Council and Gloucestershire Highways.
- In September we launched the Stroud Town CAN partnership with key community organisations working together to help residents to lead sustainable climate and nature friendlier lives, and to build a stronger, fairer and greener community in Stroud.
- Continuing to support the Trustees at our community venues: the Subscription Rooms and Lansdown Hall, with volunteer recruitment and fundraising for building improvements.
During the Autumn our Committees will be busy reviewing spending and project plans for the new financial year which starts in April. Our share of the Council tax is relatively small, but we are keen to give householders in Stroud a chance to have their say on where their money is spent, so we will launching a formal consultation on our budget later in the year.