Playgrounds Re-open on 4th July
We will be reopening our playgrounds at Daisy Bank, The Leazes, Uplands and Park Gardens from 4th July in line with the government's recent announcement.
We have completed a risk assessment, but it is impossible to fully eliminate all risk of contracting the Covid-19 virus (or any other infection) at a place like a playground, which can be frequented by large numbers of people. It is also unclear how long the coronavirus can live on plastic, timber and metal playground structures.
Our advice to visitors is: let's help each other to play safely:
- Wash your hands or use sanitiser before and after playing.
- Give each other room and maintain 2 meters social distance – we have removed some equipment to help with this.
- Be patient and be kind to each other - if the equipment is busy please consider coming back later.
- Only share equipment with people you live with.
- Don't eat or drink when playing.
- Please dispose of any rubbish sensibly.
- Wear appropriate face coverings if required.
And of course if any member of your family is experiencing COVID-19 symptoms the whole family must self‑isolate at home and should not visit any communal facilities
Posted: Fri, 03 Jul 2020 16:00 by Helen Bojaniwska